So this year I volunteered to make these little Christmas houses for the preschool director to give the kids at our church. I decided to make them bright colors because I though they would be more appealing to the kids; and to me. I like color. A lot!!
I used the Lawn Fawn Scalloped treat box die set and Winter House Add-On to make this. Simple die cutting and some gluing and i had 30 little houses ready to be loaded with yummy treats for Christmas.
Here are the step by step instructions:
1. I chose my base colors for the houses. Each house requires 2 panels cut from the the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Treat Box die.
After I had my panels cut I used some 1/8″ Scor-tape to adhere them together.
2. Using the door die and the 1/2 circle window die from the the Winter House Add-On I cut one door from white card stock for each house then I cut a small square from the same pale yellow card stock and glued it behind the window in the door; making sure that it would stick out beyond the door edges. I glued the door onto one of the long sides of my scalloped treat box making sure to leave room for a window and a tree.
3. Using the window frame die from the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Treat Box Winter House add on I cut four window frames for each house out of white card stock.
Then using the window backer die from the same add on I cut 4 pale yellow window shapes so the windows would appear to be lit from within.
I glued the widow frame to the yellow backer and then glued the windows onto the house where I wanted them.
4. Using the roof die from the Winter House Add-on I cut two roof panels from white card stock for each house and glued them in place.
5. Using both the large and small pine tree dies from the Winter House Add-on I cut 1 large and 4 small trees for each house from green card stock. Using a dark brown maker I colored all the trunks on the trees. I then glued the trees around the house. One large on the front, 2 small trees on the back (long side)of the house and one small tree on each end (short side).
6. Using the small bow die from the Winter House add-on I cut one bow from red card stock for each house.
Using the small circle wreath die I cut one wreath from green card stock for each house.
I glued the bow onto the wreath then glued the wreath onto the door of the house.